Skip to main content

Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout review/discussion

 These books are really good to read over a longer period of time. I read a few pages every night before going to bed and it was the highlight of my day. I think that if you read it in one sitting you'll get way too annoyed with the characters and then you'll end up hating the book. Sooooo if you have yet to read these books (or if you tried reading them but just couldn't because of hair pulling and book throwing  all the frustration it caused, I recommend taking on a new approach. Take baby steps. Don't bite off more than you can chew, if you will. Try reading it little by little.

No spoilers section (I don't think anyone's reading this seeing as I am the last person on earth to read these books)
Daemon earned serious brownie points in this book and Katy didn't even see it. HE BUYS HER A STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE!!! I'd marry him right then and there. I found Katy and Dee's relationship lacking though. They addressed this issue near the end but it still peeved me. You know how often in books, the character completely ignores another characters warning and then later on when that character turns out to be right the character goes "I should have listened to you, I'm so sorry. Now our village has been burned down, we only have one goat and I can't find Nana." Yup. This is a common turn of events in this book, just with minor changes to the chain of events. That being said we have come to the end of the no spoilers section so tootaloo if you have not yet read Onyx! It was lovely meeting you all.

Spoilers!!!!
SPOILERS 
SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!


I hope it's safe to assume that you've all read Onyx. Basically all I have to say is that Katy is stupid and Daemon is gorgeous. In the first book I really loved seeing Katy so involved with her blog or just seeing her love for books. But she's busy with two attractive males fighting for her heart so I guess she's a bit preoccupied.

Blake. That little asshat drove me nuts. I did not trust him. Not one bit. LISTEN TO THE HOT ALIEN BOY NEXT DOOR WHO BRINGS YOU FOOD AT LUNCH. That scene in the library with her and Daemon killed me. "It won't happen again. I'm for realsies this time." LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE. Another thing that troubled me was that Blake had begun to abuse her and she still wouldn't tell anybody or even acknowledge it as abuse????

In the last book Katy understands why Daemon was so moody towards her. But in this one she forgets and replaces that thought with him just being a genuinely horrible person.

OH OH OH Adam is killed. I hated that. Dee had just found out that she could be really happy with the life that has been planned for her since she was a kid and now that life is gone and Katy is still annoying. Grrr.


I hope you all have been having a wonderful week and I hope that school hasn't killed any of you yet. Adios
                                                                            -Nerissa xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heir of Fire review and discussion

All of the stars because Celaena rattles the stars. Spoiler free review Celaena returns bent and broken but damn she made a speedy recovery. We are introduced to new characters and new plots in this installment of the series. It was formidable. All of it. The writing was amazing, the character development was better than ever and the story is beyond words. I highly highly recommend every book in this series. Novellas and everything. I think it's safe to say that this is my favourite series of all time. I love it even more than The Infernal Devices trilogy. I'm so sorry Will but it's the truth. If I go into any detail at all it will spoil you so I'm just going to leave this hoping that you all get the message. 

In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken Review+Discussion

★ ★ ★ I might say 3.5 stars instead. I haven't quite made up my mind about it yet. On it's own it was a good book, but as a conclusion to a wonderful trilogy I was not satisfied. The characters seemed to be going backwards in their character development  at times.  I also didn't like how some problems were resolved as well. I feel like if we got rid of some of the useless scenes in the beginning there would be more time to develop the ending and write an epilogue to clear all the political problems. This book also lacked in humor so if you start reading expecting to have a good time you are going to be disappointed.  It really saddens me to have to write such a negative review when I had such high hopes for this conclusion. 

The Retribution of Mara Dyer review+discussion

Overall rating: 90% Alrighty so let's get down to business, I loved this book. It was a fantastic conclusion to a wonderful series. It was a fantastic book all on its own. The Retribution of Mara Dyer was just as witty as all the other books while being even darker than the last two.  I loved Jamie and Mara's relationship. Their banter made me laugh out loud. And I also really enjoyed how near the end we got POV's from Noah.we got a few different POV's as well that were beautifully incorporated into the book. This is a truly amazingly woven series and I highly recommend it. My absolute favourite thing about this book is that Mara has no qualms about becoming this darker person. She has no guilt for feeling this way either. It makes her super badass and in my opinion easier to relate to. She is ready to do what she has to do in order to save herself and those she loves. It saves us as readers, from pulling out hairs and yelling "You should have killed t