Skip to main content

November Reads

I'm late! I'm late! For a very important day. No time to say hello, goodbye! I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!
The end of the semester is coming up. *cues hysteria* Can you feel my stress through the screen because I feel like you should be able to. Oh and I got bangs on Monday, just a little life update.

This month I reviewed: Blue Lily Lily Blue, and A Thousand Pieces of You.




17378508

Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

Overall rating: 85%

As always I really did enjoy this addition to the series. The characters are fun and eccentric, the plot is fascinating and look at that cover art. There were many new characters introduced in this book and I grew quite attached to them. And a good few problems were resolved (and even more were created). I still don't understand the meaning behind the title. I see where it came from but why? Adam still annoys me. Bleh.







17234658A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray

Overall rating: 100%


Just look at my rating and trust my judgement. Just this once. I've never given 100% to a book before, especially not the first book. So go. 

Full review here







And that is all... I know it's bad but my math grades are improving and I'm at season 3 of Gilmore Girls!!! I also nearly finished (70 pages away) Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers. So that is almost 3 books!

                                                            
P.S. Don't expect anything from me until February, My French teacher gave us 2 days to write a 5 page essay not double spaced. And my history teacher told us about a test one day in advance. And you really don't want to hear about math class. That's just scary for everyone. 

P.P.S Maybe you shouldn't expect anything until summer actually... I have English next semester with the really hard teacher and I am determined to ace that class even if it takes up every piece of my soul. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heir of Fire review and discussion

All of the stars because Celaena rattles the stars. Spoiler free review Celaena returns bent and broken but damn she made a speedy recovery. We are introduced to new characters and new plots in this installment of the series. It was formidable. All of it. The writing was amazing, the character development was better than ever and the story is beyond words. I highly highly recommend every book in this series. Novellas and everything. I think it's safe to say that this is my favourite series of all time. I love it even more than The Infernal Devices trilogy. I'm so sorry Will but it's the truth. If I go into any detail at all it will spoil you so I'm just going to leave this hoping that you all get the message. 

In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken Review+Discussion

★ ★ ★ I might say 3.5 stars instead. I haven't quite made up my mind about it yet. On it's own it was a good book, but as a conclusion to a wonderful trilogy I was not satisfied. The characters seemed to be going backwards in their character development  at times.  I also didn't like how some problems were resolved as well. I feel like if we got rid of some of the useless scenes in the beginning there would be more time to develop the ending and write an epilogue to clear all the political problems. This book also lacked in humor so if you start reading expecting to have a good time you are going to be disappointed.  It really saddens me to have to write such a negative review when I had such high hopes for this conclusion. 

The Retribution of Mara Dyer review+discussion

Overall rating: 90% Alrighty so let's get down to business, I loved this book. It was a fantastic conclusion to a wonderful series. It was a fantastic book all on its own. The Retribution of Mara Dyer was just as witty as all the other books while being even darker than the last two.  I loved Jamie and Mara's relationship. Their banter made me laugh out loud. And I also really enjoyed how near the end we got POV's from Noah.we got a few different POV's as well that were beautifully incorporated into the book. This is a truly amazingly woven series and I highly recommend it. My absolute favourite thing about this book is that Mara has no qualms about becoming this darker person. She has no guilt for feeling this way either. It makes her super badass and in my opinion easier to relate to. She is ready to do what she has to do in order to save herself and those she loves. It saves us as readers, from pulling out hairs and yelling "You should have killed t