Skip to main content

June Wrap Up

In this wrap up I reviewed: A Court of Thorns and Roses, To Kill a Mockingbird, and End of Days

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas 

Overall ratting: 5 stars 

In this world the fae live beyond a magical wall and our main character Feyre lives in the town just before the wall. The only other thing separating her town and the faerie land is a forest where she hunts in in order to provide for her family. And on one unfortunate day she accidentally (but not so accidentally) kills a faerie disguised as a wolf. Demanding retribution, the wolf's faerie friend barges into her home and takes Feyre with him to live out the rest of her days in his mansion.

Sarah J. Maas kills it again. With wonderful characters, an intricate world and lovely writing. This book is all you could ask for. There are some slow parts but that in no way lessens my affections for this book. 



To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Overall ratting: 5 stars 

This was a wonderful and book to end the school year with. It takes place in the sleepy town of Maycomb during a recession in America. The story is told from the point of view of a six year old girl when a black man is put on trial for a nonexistent crime. It's filled with humor and lovely life lessons and I'm really glad we read this book rather than Lord of the Flies.








End of Days by Susan Ee

Overall ratting: 4 stars 

This is the finale of the Penryn and the End of Days trilogy. I feel like Susan Ee just lost inspiration after the second book. She still did an incredible job but the book felt like a never ending stream of battle scenes and nothing more. This trilogy was supposed to be a series of 5 books but I guess the author got bored. The ending could have been better but it was still a satisfying way to leave this series. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heir of Fire review and discussion

All of the stars because Celaena rattles the stars. Spoiler free review Celaena returns bent and broken but damn she made a speedy recovery. We are introduced to new characters and new plots in this installment of the series. It was formidable. All of it. The writing was amazing, the character development was better than ever and the story is beyond words. I highly highly recommend every book in this series. Novellas and everything. I think it's safe to say that this is my favourite series of all time. I love it even more than The Infernal Devices trilogy. I'm so sorry Will but it's the truth. If I go into any detail at all it will spoil you so I'm just going to leave this hoping that you all get the message. 

In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken Review+Discussion

★ ★ ★ I might say 3.5 stars instead. I haven't quite made up my mind about it yet. On it's own it was a good book, but as a conclusion to a wonderful trilogy I was not satisfied. The characters seemed to be going backwards in their character development  at times.  I also didn't like how some problems were resolved as well. I feel like if we got rid of some of the useless scenes in the beginning there would be more time to develop the ending and write an epilogue to clear all the political problems. This book also lacked in humor so if you start reading expecting to have a good time you are going to be disappointed.  It really saddens me to have to write such a negative review when I had such high hopes for this conclusion. 

The Retribution of Mara Dyer review+discussion

Overall rating: 90% Alrighty so let's get down to business, I loved this book. It was a fantastic conclusion to a wonderful series. It was a fantastic book all on its own. The Retribution of Mara Dyer was just as witty as all the other books while being even darker than the last two.  I loved Jamie and Mara's relationship. Their banter made me laugh out loud. And I also really enjoyed how near the end we got POV's from Noah.we got a few different POV's as well that were beautifully incorporated into the book. This is a truly amazingly woven series and I highly recommend it. My absolute favourite thing about this book is that Mara has no qualms about becoming this darker person. She has no guilt for feeling this way either. It makes her super badass and in my opinion easier to relate to. She is ready to do what she has to do in order to save herself and those she loves. It saves us as readers, from pulling out hairs and yelling "You should have killed t